Michigan Motorheads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy from the west side

2 posters

Go down

New guy from the west side Empty New guy from the west side

Post by prosandguy Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 am

I knew if I just put Holland, somebody would think the country, not the town. I'm from Holland, just west of grand rapids. I currently have a '77 bronco that sees family dune duty, some street time and some sand drag action too. I followed the link over from YB, and its good to be here.
New guy from the west side 100_1584

prosandguy
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

New guy from the west side Empty Re: New guy from the west side

Post by Admin Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey, I saw you on the big block ford forum. I'm under the username of bb429power on other forums. Man that is one wicked awesome bronco, is that a decal or paint? Were you up at Silver Lake on Memorial Weekend?

There was a guy jumping his "prerunner" ranger and flipped it. We looked in the truck an guess what safety devises he had. The air bag pulled out (which would be logical for an off road truck) roll bars but no foam on them so he hit his head on them and needed stitches, and the biggest no no. No harness at all, just the stock over the shoulder seat belt. Not too smart on his part.

Well, welcome!
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prosandguy Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:19 am

Its all paint, we were in the dunes sunday afternoon/evening and most of the day on monday. I saw the ranger sunday on a trailer and talked to the guy. He ended up with 15 staples in the back of his head, hope he learned his lesson on why you need harness' in the dunes.

prosandguy
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:49 am

That makes it so much cooler. You've got some good paint skills. I hope to see you run this, but I can't go up on the dunes, we sold our 4x4 78 cj5 because of all the issues it gave us. I might take my 67 f100 up with 2x4 and paddle tires, but probably not up the hills. I would give it a shot though.

I heard the guy got 11 staples, 15 is just more to brag about. But in his case, the more staples he got the stupider it makes him look. A lot of idiots out there nowadays.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prosandguy Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:26 pm

As much as I would like to take credit for it, I didn't do the paint work. My dad actually bought the bronco as a partially finished project about 3 years ago, and I got it from him last fall.

prosandguy
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Oh, well you got a good deal I guess. No body work for you, that's the part I hate even though people say I do good bodywork. It just is a pain in the butt to me, but engine work, boy I love that. What rear axle is in that? Dana 44, 60, I figured its a dana. I just wonder if my dana 44 could hold up with paddle tires.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prosandguy Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:09 pm

No Dana here, well, Dana 44 front, but tried and true 9" Ford out back. 31 spline axles with a full spool. People don't give 31 spline axles enought credit, they are tough as nails and work fine for most applications too.

prosandguy
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 pm

I had a gut feeling that it was a 9". Those 9"" axles are one tough cookie, regardless of spline count. Even the chevy guys use them. Well, for what ever reason I keep thinking you have a jeep. I mean I KNOW the difference okay. Just when I'm typing something up I have to stop and go, wait a minute, that's a bronco. I guess I just keep thinking of my old jeep, there aren't many bronco's of the 60's fixed up all nice like this. I'm used to seeing the jeeps as the 4x4's that are short and have the top off.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum