Michigan Motorheads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Waterford

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Waterford Empty Hello from Waterford

Post by TorinoGT Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Just found this link on one of the big block ford sites... so I thought id check it out.

I have two toys, a 1970 Torino GT that, by weeks end, will have a new big block/C6 in it... hopefully dialed in and ready to run at the Woodward cruise...

I also have a 1979 Bronco, that is currently un modified, but I have big plans (lift, 1 ton axles etc)... I have most of the parts collected, just need the wallet to fill back up Smile

Hello from Waterford Torino2009-2

Hello from Waterford Bronco081509

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Hello from Waterford Empty Re: Hello from Waterford

Post by Admin Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:49 am

Pretty cool deal if you ask me, I like the really late 70's bronco's because of the different style grill. The torino's, oh man do they look bad (the good bad). They have a mean look to them. Yours looks pretty slick! I hope to see you at the cruise, I will be out in front of Art Van. We have two spots reserved since we know the guy in charge of that, but it wasn't free. We paid in work, body work that is.

I know what its like not having the $$$, it sucks. You know exactly what you want to do but don't have the funds to get there, even when its the simplest thing. The bronco looks to be in good shape, but where's the rest of the trim? Ha ha, that stuff can get expensive. Just for some shiny aluminum.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:24 am

Thanks... For the Bronco, I have a set of new Deaver 6 inch springs, Cage extended radius arms, along with the Cage Dana 60 swap parts. I have a rebuilt Dana 60 front and Sterling rear, both with 5.13 gears and ARB air lockers. just need to finish the Torino project then on to the Bronc.

The Torino is getting a new BF Evans built 572, Joel's on Joy built rollerized C6 trans w/ ultimate converter concepts 10 inch converter. hope to have that dialed in this week... then I gotta talk Glenzz at Dr Zs rod shop into doing a hood ASAP for me... not sure if itll all be done by the cruise week or not! Im tryin!

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 am

That's cool. Who needs hoods though, we got the cougar there without the hood and it looked nice. Let the engine shine!
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I may just have to run the Woodward dream cruise week without a hood... I just wanna get this car back on the road and try out the new engine!

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:10 am

700+ horsepower, I think you'll like it. Will you be able to handle the power? Your going to need some big fat tires in the back of that! I don't know how you justify it as a "street" car. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:18 am

For the remainder of the summer it will roll on its current tires, which are Mickey Thompson street radials out back (275/65)

Ill just have to go easy on the throttle..

this winter the car will be mini tubbed and 4 linked... in an effort to keep it looking relatively stock... thats why I didnt opt for a full tub job

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 am

TorinoGT wrote:For the remainder of the summer it will roll on its current tires, which are Mickey Thompson street radials out back (275/65)

Ill just have to go easy on the throttle..

this winter the car will be mini tubbed and 4 linked... in an effort to keep it looking relatively stock... thats why I didnt opt for a full tub job

Shane
Ahhh good thinking, have enough to control it while making it sort of a stock looking car with a ton of power. I like that idea, either way it should be wicked! Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

So what are your plans for the hood after the cruise? By the pictures on the BBF forum the air cleaner sits up too high so whats your plan for that?

P.S Don't drive through Livonia without the hood on, the cops there are morons. One pulled us over, long story short, he told us we had to have all the body parts on it. Suspect But what about these 32 coupes and dune buggies driving around? And I've seen other people with their hood off. I guess if it came with those parts from the factory then they have to be on. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 pm

I too have heard about some cops pulling folks over for no hood. I wont be anywhere near Livonia, so no worries there. hopefully if I *do* run into a prick cop, he will cut me some slack since im a fireman...? who knows.

Im guessing I may have to opt for a 6 inch scoop, and or a smaller spacer under the carb. it DOES stick up farther than I had anticipated!

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 am

http://up22.com/scoopw1.htm

Never ordered from them but I might. What are you going to put on there? A 429 boss mustang style scoop? They have those in the regular size then one's a lot taller.

Or a nice carb scoop, might look cool if you paint it to match the rest of the car. But its your build!
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum