Michigan Motorheads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodward, where will YOU be?

2 posters

Go down

Woodward, where will YOU be? Empty Woodward, where will YOU be?

Post by Admin Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I know everyone will probably be there Saturday. This year I plan on going down to Pontiac and seeing some burnouts, we never have before but we always see the aftermath. We will be in front of Art Van with our 69 Cougar parked out front along with our 70 maverick or my uncles 2011 mustang. So where will everybody be staying? I know you probably wont be cruising the whole time, its so crowded now. Last year there were so many everyday cars it made me want to puke No They should limit the right two lanes to classics and hot rods ONLY for that reason. Oh, and what will you be cruising in if you are cruising?

This is going to be fun, like always. I will keep my eye out for you guys, see you there! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Woodward, where will YOU be? Empty Re: Woodward, where will YOU be?

Post by TorinoGT Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Just north of 12 mile in front of the cemetary (Berkly) *hopefully* my orange 1970 Torino will be finished (new stroker motor and trans install)... and my father will be there with his 66 Galaxie 7 liter.

Shane

TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:07 am

I hope you get it done, this is the best cruise ever! I'll look for you. Watch out for a loud black and blue cat, it has mufflers.....LOUD mufflers. We get there really early when just a hand full are there. Last year everyone was watching as we went down Woodward before the cruising started. By the way, I heard that they were thinking of renaming it Techward Ave. because of all the new technology that has moved on to the street. Or it was a street in NY Evil or Very Mad Not cool, lets keep it the same. Its sacred to us, or at least it is to me.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 am

Woodward has been a blast all weekend, and today was TONS of cars out... ive been hangin at the Shell gas station on woodward north of 13 mile (near normandy?)

anyone else been out lately?

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:25 am

Nope, but I want to. Its a week long event now, its awesome! Plus the week before you are able to keep cruising (to an extent) and keep your engine cool. By the way, the Art Van is between 13 and 14 mile. I'll see if I can go sometime this week, it not so overcrowded so you can kind of enjoy it a little more.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:55 am

Well my maverick will be up for sale at the cruise, I can only hope someone buys it.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:20 am

TorinoGT wrote:Woodward has been a blast all weekend, and today was TONS of cars out... ive been hangin at the Shell gas station on woodward north of 13 mile (near normandy?)

anyone else been out lately?

Shane
I might go tomorrow, look for a black and blue 69 cougar or black 70 maverick if you are there again tomorrow.

The tranny on the cougar has been leaking since we put it in not too long ago, pretty sure its the pan gasket so we're replacing it tomorrow. The fluid is blue, look at how far we went to make the car match. We even put blue ATF in it. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Yep, I will be there today with the maverick.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 am

My Torino is officially a runner (no hood, but what can I do!?)... so I will have it parked at the cemetary just north of 12 mile in Berkley fri and sat! cant wait!

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:45 pm

TorinoGT wrote:My Torino is officially a runner (no hood, but what can I do!?)... so I will have it parked at the cemetary just north of 12 mile in Berkley fri and sat! cant wait!

Shane
Great news! I'd hate to see someone miss it. We will leave at about 7 a.m with both cars.

Yesterday sucked, the maverick started getting really hot on the freeway, then we got pulled over by an idiot cop and got a speeding ticket. And something else happened but I can't remember. One thing I love is when everyone leaves you get to cruise by them down the freeway.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:41 pm

So wait, are you going to cruise at all? We probably wont since both of our cars tend to get hot, and Woodward is a parking lot on Saturday! We are trying something new to keep it cool and so far it has worked a bit. We put some of that royal purple additive in it.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 am

I was parked in my purchased spot on woodward just north of 12 mile... got out there aprox 3:30 pm today.. left just after 9... ill be back out tomrw around 1pm Ill leave the house. im sure itll take a few hours from Pontiac to 12 mile!
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:40 am

I thought you said 1 a.m, Shocked way too early. Laughing You must work the night shift I'm guessing? I'm sure we'll do a cruise before everyone gets there, but the car would probably overheat in the traffic. My truck shouldn't have that problem, big radiator, but lots of timing.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:33 pm

That was fun, I've got some pictures to upload. I knew the rain wouldn't stop us but I think it kept a lot of people home.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Yeah the rain did keep alot of people and cars home... I would have to say fri was actually busier for cars (at least near 12 mile it was)... but overall a good time.

I work 24 hour shifts... so I work day evening and night shift! Smile

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Dang, you must be busy. I went Thursday and Saturday so of course, I missed the biggest day. Laughing By the way, Belle Tire was giving away "free" used NASCAR tires. All of them had holes put in them and you had to have your picture taken to get ONE. I was going to get two and at least use them as burnout tires, but they are just for memorabilia. Darn! They were 12" wide too.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorinoGT Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:09 am

Ive seen tire companies give away tires like that before (both nascar tires or giant slicks off dragsters)... never realized that they put holes in them, but it makes sence.

I went out on woodward today (sunday) and it was like a ghost town! almost NOBODY at the shell station, there was a healty crowd at the kroger lot on 13 & woodward, so i stopped there for an hour or so. I hope it picks back up a little next weekend!

btw, I work 8 days a month, 24 hour shifts...

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT
New to MMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 am

Those are some funky hours! We almost went today but decided not too. I heard that people are hanging out there every weekend.
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Later on my camera went dead, but if I let it sit then it would recharge a little bit. I got what I could, those angled pictures are one's I was taking to maybe change the picture on the home page.
https://s976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bb429power/Woodward%202010/?start=0
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down